Method 1 – Farming Evolution
The most effective way to farm XP in Pokemon Go is the method where you evolve tons of Pokemon all at once. Evolving Pokemon gives you 500XP each time you do it and with a Lucky Egg, that increases to 1000XP! Here is the method on how to do it:
- Capture as many Pidgeys, Caterpies, and Weedles as possible. All of these only require 12 Candy to evolve into their second form and they’re incredibly common.
- Continue farming the ultra-common Pokemon until you have several dozen Candy for each species. You’ll also want enough of each Pokemon to use those Candy. Thus, if you have 60 Pidgey Candy, you’ll want five Pidgey to evolve. The same goes for Weedle and Caterpie.
- You can go for Pokemon that evolve at 25 Candy, like Rattata, as well. You likely won’t get as many chances to evolve, but you’re probably going to catch a ton of them anyway, so why not?
- Hold off on evolving your other Pokemon as well. Save all of your evolution for this. Your Eevee, Zubat, Squirtle, etc can wait!
- You must obtain at least one Lucky Egg.
How to do the farming evolution method:
- Consume your Lucky Egg. This will give you 30 minutes where you’ll get double XP.
- Start evolving your Pokemon and don’t stop for anything. Start with the ones you care about first and then move on to the throwaway Pidgeys, Weedles, etc. It should only take you a minute or so to evolve one Pokemon. Each evolution will net you 1000XP so the more you crank out, the better!
- Keep evolving your Pokemon until the Lucky Egg runs out. If you run out of Pokemon to evolve before the time limit, hanging out near a Lured Pokestop will give you something else to do to gain extra XP with your remaining time.