What the US media are saying
- The Washington Post's Chris Cillizza writes that despite the lack of indictment,Mr Comey's comments were "devastating".
- Betsy Woodruff of The Daily Beast wrote "it's now clear that a host of arguments she's made to defend herself are not based in fact".
- Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo wrote that the lack of indictment was "predictable, indeed almost inevitable, based on the facts that were publicly known about the case".
- Benjamin Wittes of the Lawfare Blog wrote that this "will be a politically damaging finding—as well it should be".
- In Politico Gabriel Debenedetti wrote that Clinton supporters think that "with no indictment, this remains a political, not legal, headache".